WHITE BEAR LAKE, MINN. (June 19, 2014) – Twenty years ago Wilson Tool International revolutionized punch press tooling with the invention of the Wilson Wheel® family of products. Unlike any other style of punch press tooling, Wilson Wheels allow fabricators to create unique forms and shapes at unbelievable speeds.
As innovative today as they were 20 years ago, the entire Wilson Wheel® family of specialty tools enable fabricators to drastically speed cycle times, cut costs and improve product quality.
Each forming tool is specially designed for high-speed production of slits, ribs, offsets, knurls, flares and logos on a wide range of materials with virtually no burrs or nibble marks. Faster cycle times and high quality production help fabricators achieve higher output with less waste.
The entire Wilson Wheel® family of products includes the following specialty tools and each is available for most brands of punch press:
- The Rolling Offset quickly creates offsets in any contour, starting or ending anywhere on the sheet.
- The Rolling Rib makes it possible to create ribs in contours just as easily.
- The Rolling Shear allows fabricators to create straight-line cuts or contours from anywhere on the sheet.
- The Rolling Pincher is ideal for easy, clean separation of parts.
- The Rolling Logo tool makes it easy to produce more visible logos, which can be produced larger than station size on a wide range of materials.
- The Rolling Knurl tool creates a grip-like effect to assist in the adhesion of parts to sheet metal.
- The Rolling Flare tool enables production of large diameter flares as well as other shapes.
- The Rolling Forge tool creates distortion-free embosses, offsets and other forms every time.
June 20, 2014